Sound is the audio feature of Windows that makes the user experience much impressive. It is, in fact, a greater form of communication that establishes a nonverbal and even emotional relationship with the users. If you are facing some sound issues in Windows 10 and are searching here for its perfect solutions, the guide will serve as a greater help for you. Sound is basically associated with specific events. Starting from giving notifications of the new email to providing feedback on specific user actions from branding your product, application or service to enhance the entertainment products there are many slots where you need a perfectly running sound system.
Solution 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter
Audio Troubleshooter is for sure one of the best ways to fix the audio or sound in Windows. The process is quite simple and easy to perform. The only things you have to do here are:
- Tap on the Start button and then add an audio troubleshooter in the search box.
- Select the Find and fix problems with playing sound options from the provided list and then tap on the Next button to go further with the process.
- A pop-up message will prompt up on your windows asking you to select the device to troubleshoot.
- It will perfectly resolve your issue of Sound in Windows and if not, you can proceed further with the next sections for additional help.
Solution 2: Fix your audio drive
- Tap on the Start button and then type device manager in the search box.
- Select the arrow option present next to Sound, video and game controllers and expand it.
- Make a right-click on the sound card you are using and then select the Update Driver option.
- If your Windows doesn’t have a new driver, add one from the device manufacturer’s website.
Uninstall audio driver
- If the above process doesn’t work for you go to the Device Manager section again.
- Make a right-click on the audio driver section and then select the Uninstall button.
- Restart your device to enable the attempt of reinstalling the driver.
Use Genetic Driver
- Go to the Device Manager Section and then make a right-click on your audio driver.
- Select Update driver and then tap on Browser my computer for driver software.
- Tap on Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer and then select High Definition Audio Device.
- Press Next to continue with the process.
- Follow on the instructions provided very carefully to avoid any mistakes.
- Sound in Windows, Features of Windows
Solution 3: Set the default device
- Select the Start button and then type Sound in the search bar.
- Select Sound settings from the provided list of options and then go to the Sound Control Panel in the Related Settings button.
- Go to the Playback tab and then select the device you are going to use it on.
- Select the Set Default option and then follow the next sections for additional troubleshooting.
Solution 4: Turn off Audio Enhancements
- Select the Start button and then type sound in the search bar.
- Select the Sound Settings option from the list of results.
- Go to the Sound Control Panel and then move ahead with the Related Settings option.
- Tap on Playback and then make a right-click on the Default Device option.
- Go to the Properties section and once done tap on the Enhancement tab to proceed further with the process.
- Select Disable all enhancement section and then play your audio device.
- Select the Cancel option and then press Playback to proceed further.
- Select another default device followed by Disable all enhancements section and then try to play audio again.
- The issue has been perfectly resolved now and if not you can try the next solution given below.
Solution 5: Try another audio format
- Launch Windows by tapping on the Start button and then add Sound in the search bar.
- Tap on the Sound Settings option from the provided list and then proceed further with the Sound Control Panel section.
- Go to the Related Settings option followed by the Playback option.
- Make a right-click on the Default Device and then move ahead with the Properties section.
- Go to the Default Format and then make a click on Advanced tab.
- Change the Settings of your Windows and then retest the sound of your Windows.
Bingo! The sound issue of your Windows has been perfectly resolved now.